- Athletics could ink Manny Ramirez within days – Manny Ramirez | TB
Janie McCauley of the Associated Press reports that the Athletics are still pursuing Manny Ramirez.
- Santana: bullpen session ‘felt really good’ – Johan Santana | NYM
Johan Santana (shoulder) said he "felt really good" during a bullpen session Friday.
- Yankees/Pirates complete A.J. Burnett deal – A.J. Burnett | NYY
Dejan Kovacevic of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that the Yankees and Pirates have completed a trade that will send A.J. Burnett to Pittsburgh.
- Report: A’s close to deal for Koji Uehara – Koji Uehara | TEX
Joe Stiglich of the San Jose Mercury News reports that the Athletics are "getting close" to a deal for Rangers reliever Koji Uehara.
- Hideki Okajima released after failed physical – Hideki Okajima | NYY
Yankees released LHP Hideki Okajima.
- Tim Wakefield retires after 19 MLB seasons – Tim Wakefield | BOS
Brian MacPherson of the Providence Journal reports that Tim Wakefield has decided to retire.
- Phillies considered a longshot to land Soler – Jorge Soler | INT
Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com reports that the Phillies are considered a longshot to sign Cuban outfielder Jorge Soler.
- Inge to compete for Tigers’ second base job – Brandon Inge | DET
Tigers’ manager Jim Leyland said Thursday that Brandon Inge will get a chance to compete for the starting second base job during spring training.
- Wainwright throws 40 pitches, feels ‘natural’ – Adam Wainwright | STL
Adam Wainwright threw 40 pitches to live hitters Thursday morning in Cardinals camp.
- Damon confused by Yankees’ lack of interest – Johnny Damon | TB
Jonny Damon told CBS Sports’ Jon Heyman that he’s unsure why the Yankees haven’t made him an offer.