- No update between Nationals, Zimmerman – Ryan Zimmerman | WAS
Mark Zuckerman of CSNWashington.com suggests that an extension between the Nationals and Ryan Zimmerman could still get done in the near future, despite the club’s decision to forgo his self-imposed deadline.
- Adam Wainwright (elbow) throws BP on Friday – Adam Wainwright | STL
Adam Wainwright (Tommy John surgery) threw live batting practice Friday for the first time this spring.
- Yanks, Russell Martin table extension talks – Russell Martin | NYY
Andrew Marchand of ESPNNewYork.com reports that the Yankees and Russell Martin have decided to table extension talks until after the season.
- Grady Sizemore (back) out for Opening Day – Grady Sizemore | CLE
Grady Sizemore is unlikely to be ready for Opening Day after straining his back while fielding grounders in the outfield two weeks ago.
- Cards, Molina moving closer to extension – Yadier Molina | STL
Joe Strauss of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that there is "significant enough" movement in talks between the Cardinals and Yadier Molina that a long-term deal could be reached within a week.
- SS Wilson out until mid-April w/ calf strain – Jack Wilson | ATL
Jack Wilson is expected to be sidelined until mid-April after straining his right calf this week.
- MLB could take Braun appeal to federal court – Ryan Braun | MLW
ESPN.com reports that MLB is considering suing in federal court to reverse baseball arbitrator Shyam Das’ decision to overturn Ryan Braun’s 50-game suspension.
- Morneau aware concussion could end career – Justin Morneau | MIN
Justin Morneau conceded Friday that the concussion symptoms he’s dealt with might end his career if they don’t improve.
- Ryan Zimmerman’s agent leaves Nats camp – Ryan Zimmerman | WAS
According to Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post, Ryan Zimmerman’s agent has left Viera, Florida.
- Braun won appeal due to violation of protocol – Ryan Braun | MLW
According to ESPN’s Karl Ravech, Ryan Braun won his PED suspension appeal on a revelation that a courier did not take his urine sample immediately to FedEx because he thought it was closed on Saturday nights.